Come along and meet colleagues from across agency and disciplines to share and discuss thematic issues that are affecting Newham children, young people and families. This network will focus on the importance and challenges in keeping children and young people safe online.
We will cover:
- CYPS and Early Help Updates
- The law around sharing intimate images and sexting behaviour
- The use of social media and apps
- Interactive and online gaming platforms
- Parental Responsibility around keeping children safe online
- Develop an understanding of the digital world in which children live and the issues they may face.
- A greater understanding of ‘sexting’ - sending sexually explicit digital images, videos, text messages, social media messages or emails, usually by mobile phone.
- Have an awareness of the risks children may take online, in relation to sharing personal information, viewing harmful content, gaming etc.
- Understand how offenders target children online.
- Be aware of how to report and escalate concerns
- Have an awareness of interventions to help children and young people to stay safe online
- Gain access to useful websites and resources
Please book via Newham Connect or alternatively by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience problems booking your place, please contact the Early Help Partnership Team.
Practitioners across agencies and disciplines working with children, young people and families are invited to attend the networks.