This training for school Designated Safeguarding Leads invites an ideal opportunity to collaborate and network with neighbouring schools, share good safeguarding practice and identify priorities for action.
Training content covers
- Latest changes to statutory guidance e.g. Keeping Children Safe in Education, Working together to Safeguard Children
- Latest Ofsted Inspection Safeguarding Guidance
- Embedding a culture of Early Help and Safeguarding
- Putting policy into effective practice
- Managing allegations
- Criminal Exploitation of Children
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Radicalisation and Extremism
- Honour based Violence
- Online safety
- Learning from the latest Serious Case Reviews
Compliance with Ofsted:
- Common Inspection Framework (2015)
- Inspecting Safeguarding in early years, education and skills settings (2018)
- Section 3, 4 and Annex 1 and 3.
Who should book on the training This training is a CPD requirement for the school’s existing lead DSL or Deputy/deputies, as a 2 year refresher, or for members of staff taking up the role.