For over 30 years the Suzy Lamplugh Trust have been widely regarded as the experts in personal safety and personal safety training. Their expert trainers deliver hundreds of sessions across the UK and Ireland each year. They work with all sectors, and have trained councils, property developers, universities, housing associations, NHS, construction firms and probation services to name a few.
This course is designed to raise awareness of risks staff may face while lone working and give them the tools they need to minimise these risks.
Topics covered include:
- Lone working: What is it and what is the law relating to lone working
- Risk assessment: Identifying and mitigating risks related to all aspects of work
- Tracing systems: Ensuring staff are traceable in case of an emergency
- Home visits: Best practice for staying safe while conducting a home visit
- Travelling safely: Tips for safety on various methods of transport
- Conflict management
- Setting boundaries around aggression
- Understanding the causes of aggression
- Recognising the early warning signs of aggression
- De-escalation and diffusion techniques
- Post incident support and reporting incidents
By the end of the course delegates will have a greater understanding of potential risks and feel more confident in managing their personal safety and conflict situations.
Booking must be made directly via Newham Connect. Schools who purchase either a Gold, Silver or Bronze Package from AMS are entitled to a 50% discount - Discount will be applied manually once you've made your booking.
Any member of staff involved in lone working.